Find Us On:
About Struyk Turf, LTD.
Serving Southwest Iowa and Southeast Nebraska ... Licensed - Certified - Insured
Struyk Turf is a family owned and operated company located in Council Bluffs, Iowa and servicing only Southwest Iowa. Since 1970, Struyk Turf has been providing premium granular lawn care to Southwest Iowa and Southwest Nebraska.
Struyk Turf is managed by Garry and Doug Struyk. Garry Struyk is a pioneer in developing granular based turf programs specifically designed for Southwest Iowa and has over 40 years of experience servicing the lawns of our community. Doug Struyk has a B.S. degree in Horticulture from Iowa State University, served as the State Horticulturist for the Iowa Department of Agriculture, and has been servicing the lawns of our community for over 25 years.
Garry and Doug have worked hard to make Struyk Turf large enough to handle your lawn care needs, yet small enough to provide your lawn with excellent service and properly timed applications.
Struyk Turf's applicators are certified professionals who are individually licensed by the Iowa Department of Agriculture as pesticide applicators and who regularly attend educational seminars to remain knowledgeable of lawn care innovations. Our applicators are trained to apply every product correctly, to identify turfgrass problems, to complete applications at the proper time, and to do all of these in a courteous and professional manner.
About Our Applications
1. Five seasonal applications are made by certified turf applications approximately 4 to 6 weeks apart to optimize fertility, weed control, and insect control during the season.
2. Every application includes controlled release fertilizer for prolonged turf health and vigor.
3. Two pre-emergent applications for season long control of crabgrass.
4. Turf fertilizers are applied in a granular form to insure uniform lawn color.
5. Four of the five applications include broadleaf weed control to insure season long control.
6. Struyk Turf's Premium Turf Program is designed to do the following:
|-||Apply the recommended amount of fertilizer for Iowa and Nebraska lawns.|
|-||Manage annual broadleaf and grassy weeds (crabgrass, spurge, knotweed, and foxtail).|
|-||Control broadleaf weeds (dandelion, clover and thistle) when present in the lawn.|
|-||Manage turf damaging insect (white grubs, sod webworm and billbug) populations at a level that will not discolor the lawn.|
7. Struyk Turf also offers the following OPTIONAL SERVICES:
|- Spring and/or Fall Aeration
- Flea & Tick Control
- Late Fall Fertilization
- Spring and/or Fall Lime
- Perimeter Pest Control
- Spring and /or Fall Gypsum
- Tree and Shrub Fertilization
|- Spring and/or Fall Lime
- Late Fall Fertilization
- Tree & Shrub Fungicide
- Tree & Shrub Insecticide
8. A description of the application, watering instructions, and a statement are left at your door after each application.
Please call us at 712-322-0102 or use our Contact us email form to schedule an appointment for a free lawn service estimate and to discuss how we can help with your lawn care needs.